The appearance of one's teeth can make or break confidence levels and affect how a person engages with others on a personal and social level, which is why a dentist in Saratoga Springs may recommend teeth whitening. While in-office whitening treatments are almost always more effective, there are certain at-home treatments of which many dentists…
Pros and Cons of Dental Implants
When someone has been given the option of having dental implants, there are many different reasons why making a list of pros and cons would be beneficial.
Of course, one of the most common reasons that people choose dental implants is that the chance of their jawbone deteriorating is greatly reduced. Dental implants are inserted into the jawbone and stimulates it.
Dental implants might be the best tooth-replacement option for you
The best option for replacing any teeth in a person’s mouth is dental implants. However, there will be different reasons that a person may opt for another method. The most important thing is to be open and honest with your dentist. Explain what it is that you are hoping to achieve by replacing any missing teeth. Typically, they will know of resources that can help get the dental treatment and procedures done to have the ability to replace the tooth.
The most important thing for someone to remember is that most of the time when a tooth is missing there is no stimulation to the jawbone. This increases the chance of the bone deteriorating and beginning to cause other issues. Fortunately, even with this happens, a bone graft might solve the problem.
Pros of dental implants
Here are three pros for why dental implants are a great tooth-replacement option:
- They help in delaying the negative effects of losing a tooth that can weaken your jawbone. With dental implants, the spoke is fastened directly into the bone and causes the stimulation to keep the bone in good condition
- The length of time a dental implant lasts is typically between 10-15 years. It will depend on how well a patient takes care of their oral health and if they are good at getting any issues fixed promptly
- A dental crown is fastened to the spoke. The process for getting the abutment is very straight forward and nothing out of the ordinary
Cons of dental implants
The following are three cons that may cause you to reconsider dental implants:
- They are more expensive than other options. Of course, quickly getting a tooth replaced that has either fallen out or been removed is important for the overall health of the mouth
- Dental implants are more expensive to maintain. If any issues arise, they are typically a bit more expensive than if someone had used another method of teeth replacement
- There are multiple steps to have the process completed. It typically will take at least three visits to the dentist from beginning to end to have dental implants inserted and ready for the patients
Let our office guide you
Whatever your need is for getting dental implants or looking for the best option for your situation, it is important to remember that there are always other options and answers. The most understanding and knowledgeable person that can help inform you is a dentist. Give us a call, today!
Check out what others are saying about our services on Yelp: Read our Yelp reviews.
Periodontal disease is an inflammatory condition caused by the accumulation of bacterial plaque on the gum and tooth roots. The plaque creates toxins that may later cause the gums to recede from the teeth, weakening the roots and causing eventual tooth loss.According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), over 50% of Americans…
Prior to a patient undergoing a surgical procedure, their oral surgeon will tell them what to expect during and after the procedure. However, the patient also needs to ask questions of their own so they will be comfortable with their decision to undergo the procedure.Some of the most important questions patients should ask their oral…
Bone grafting is a surgical procedure that dentists use to rebuild or repair bones, which is achieved by transplanting bone tissue. By transplanting healthy bone tissue, dentists can recreate the bone and supporting tissues that are missing.Before we get to the answer to the question, it is important to understand what bone grafting is and…