If you want to make over your teeth, then choosing the right cosmetic dentist will be helpful. You will want to research different dentists before making a decision. This can help you get the right treatment and results. Read on to learn how to do this research.Patients will want to use a dentist who is…
Pros and Cons of Dental Implants
When someone has been given the option of having dental implants, there are many different reasons why making a list of pros and cons would be beneficial.
Of course, one of the most common reasons that people choose dental implants is that the chance of their jawbone deteriorating is greatly reduced. Dental implants are inserted into the jawbone and stimulates it.
Dental implants might be the best tooth-replacement option for you
The best option for replacing any teeth in a person’s mouth is dental implants. However, there will be different reasons that a person may opt for another method. The most important thing is to be open and honest with your dentist. Explain what it is that you are hoping to achieve by replacing any missing teeth. Typically, they will know of resources that can help get the dental treatment and procedures done to have the ability to replace the tooth.
The most important thing for someone to remember is that most of the time when a tooth is missing there is no stimulation to the jawbone. This increases the chance of the bone deteriorating and beginning to cause other issues. Fortunately, even with this happens, a bone graft might solve the problem.
Pros of dental implants
Here are three pros for why dental implants are a great tooth-replacement option:
- They help in delaying the negative effects of losing a tooth that can weaken your jawbone. With dental implants, the spoke is fastened directly into the bone and causes the stimulation to keep the bone in good condition
- The length of time a dental implant lasts is typically between 10-15 years. It will depend on how well a patient takes care of their oral health and if they are good at getting any issues fixed promptly
- A dental crown is fastened to the spoke. The process for getting the abutment is very straight forward and nothing out of the ordinary
Cons of dental implants
The following are three cons that may cause you to reconsider dental implants:
- They are more expensive than other options. Of course, quickly getting a tooth replaced that has either fallen out or been removed is important for the overall health of the mouth
- Dental implants are more expensive to maintain. If any issues arise, they are typically a bit more expensive than if someone had used another method of teeth replacement
- There are multiple steps to have the process completed. It typically will take at least three visits to the dentist from beginning to end to have dental implants inserted and ready for the patients
Let our office guide you
Whatever your need is for getting dental implants or looking for the best option for your situation, it is important to remember that there are always other options and answers. The most understanding and knowledgeable person that can help inform you is a dentist. Give us a call, today!
Check out what others are saying about our services on Yelp: Read our Yelp reviews.
An endodontist focuses on root canal and other endodontic treatments. Years ago, injured or diseased teeth were often pulled. Fortunately, these days a tooth can usually be saved through root canal treatment. Read on to learn more about root canal treatment and how you can benefit from undergoing this common procedure.There are numerous clinical reasons…
Before moving forward with getting a dental implant to replace a missing tooth, you need to ask about the crown placement. The crown will be placed on an abutment attached to the dental implant and take the place of your natural tooth. Find out which questions you need to ask before the procedure.Patients are encouraged…
Your family dentist can provide a fluoride treatment for your child. Fluoride is a mineral that can build strong teeth and prevent cavities. It is an essential part of oral health and can support healthy teeth. It can also fight bacteria in the gums and teeth.Fluoride will restore minerals to the surface of the teeth.…